Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I love Meat!

I'm an unashamed carnivore. I love meat! My favorite dinner is an excellent bacon-wrapped filet with garlic mashed potatoes and a great Merlot. I wouldn't make it 24 hours as a vegetarian. I think I may even be allergic to vegetables.

A friend from work graciously gave Scott a gift certificate to Texas de Brazil (warning: cheezy club-type music will play if you go to their site) last week. Since my mom was in town this weekend (partly for a cancelled garage sale, partly because of Hurricane Ike), we had free babysitting to go take advantage of this gift. Oh my gosh. Texas de Brazil was a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

There is no menu. It's an all-you-can-eat-meat-fest. "Gauchos" walk around with different meats on huge skewers. If your little sign on your table is flipped over to green, then the gauchos come to your table and offer whatever is on their skewers. If your sign is flipped over to red, they leave you alone to gorge. Leg of lamb. Bacon-wrapped chicken breast. Parmesan-crusted chicken. Pork ribs. Beef ribs. Top sirloin steak. Bacon-wrapped filet. Brazilian sausage. Lamb chop. Flank steak. I'm probably leaving a few cuts out. Unbelievable stuff.

And then there's the delicious garlic mashed potatoes and fried bananas (two separate dishes, of course!) that they bring to your table to "cleanse your palate" between bites of meat.

And then there's the soup bar which also featured potatoes au gratin that was the best I have ever had (normally I don't even like this dish, but this was EXCELLENT!).

And then there's the salad bar which features, in addition to those things you would normally find at a salad bar, smoked salmon, some nasty sushi, talluleh, asparagus spears, exotic cheeses, and other things I can't remember due to my protein-induced-coma I'm about to fall into.

There were times when I looked at my plate and was confused by what to eat next. It was all so good; I couldn't decide what to take a bite of next. Such a wonderful, yummy problem to have.

I'm so thankful that Jeff gifted us with this experience. Scott and I rarely go out to eat (usually, it's a handful of times throughout the year, with our anniversary being the pinnacle). So this was such a treat.

2 comments:

Joel, Melody, Grant, and Kate said...

Nicole, you are so funny! Joel and I went there several years ago and it is true what you say - a-m-a-z-i-n-g! ;-)

Glad you and Scott had a great date night out!

The Scotts said...

So glad you got to have an evening out! Thanks Maw Maw for hangin' with the youngins!!

Roger and I would go there with Peg Shephard for our Christmas dinner from her girls! Totally lovin' the protein.....