Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A quick update to let everyone know we're alive. Scott is coming off of two very crazy weeks at work. So it's nice to have him around the house! The kids were really starting to miss their Daddy!

We finally had our garage sale this past weekend, and it was a success! Got rid of some big stuff and made a little money at the same time! I know have a TON of stuff to bring to donate to the local resale shop that helps out area families. I miss going to garage sales. It's hard with two little ones -- getting in and out of the car quickly is not something that we do. So it's painful to garage sale with them! But when I had just Cade, and I could carry him in a Baby Bjorn, I would hit up the estate and garage sales on Friday mornings in the Highland Park area. Oh boy. So much fun! I don't think Scott can think of many other things that would be more excruciating than garage saling!

Everyone is healthy. Claire is trying to get 4 more teeth through her gums, so that's a bummer. Jack is still trying to wean from his nap. But somedays, it's just not happening. And Cade is doing great in school. He comes home everyday and writes notes and signs in phonetic spelling. He's so excited when he reads things at the grocery store (Mommy, that says "pop!"). It's a whole new world he's about to enter, and it's so exciting!

I'm doing OK. Trying to get to the gym, but it's too easy to find excuses not to go. Scott contines to run and train for a 10k. He's also doing push ups and sit-ups (which he absolutely hates) -- I'm proud of him for being disciplined!

4 comments:

mrs. rains & family said...

hey nicole... i understand about gym excuses... i'm right there with you. where did the days go when we didn't have to work at all to be itty-bitty???

Anonymous said...

10k?!?! Excuse me?! That's done, I am training for a half-marathon, thank you very much.

I, too, am happy to be back around the house more often.

And, yes, I cannot think of too many things more painful than going to garage sales. Maybe listening to Enrique Iglesias...

Chantal said...

Those are very cute kids. I am a kid too, but much older, more a mature and beautiful teenager at age 14 with many great friends and many family friends like Jon Seminara of iCarly, Zoey 101, the Young and the Restless, etc.; the mayor of Albany (Jennings), and Ralph Renna, Road Runner Records, Upstate Magazine, Upstate Metal, and an Albany magazine for the Henry Hudson 400 year celebration where my mom (a photographer, famous and professional) will have her picture on the cover that reaches hundreds of thousands of people all over the world!

Chantal said...

By the way, remember the name Chantal because I am worth being in everyone's life. I know that sounds stuck up, but that is what everyone says, not me. http://www.kimstockphotography.com/