Pages

Monday, September 08, 2008

Fast Facts

Jack had his 3-year check-up on Friday. Here is Big Boy's stats:

height: 37.25" (45th percentile of kids)
weight: 33 pounds (75%)
cuteness (on a scale of 1-10): 11


Claire had her 1-year check up this morning (we're only 2 months late this time!). Here are stats on our Claire Bear:

height: 30.5" (75%)
weight: 23 lb 4oz (70%)
cuteness: 11
It's time to start weaning Claire from the bottle. I've never had to do this before, and she seems completely uninterested in sippy cups. She's also completely uninterested in table food (in fact, she can be somewhat violent about it); we're still feeding her that nasty can't-believe-the-FDA-approves-of-this-and-how-are-we-going-to-pay-for-gas-while-buying-this baby food. We went through this difficulty with Jack at this age, so this is nothing new to us. But the doctor's advice was kind of new: essentially, starve her into drinking from the cup and eating regular food. Well, not literally starve. You know what I mean.

4 comments:

The Chandler Clan said...

I have to agree on the cuteness ratings--they are SUPER cute! miss having you guys so close.

steele family said...

Nicole, we had issues with the bottle weaning with Emma. We tried at 13 months and she would have nothing to do with it. We tried again at 15 months and it went much smoother. I just think she wasn't ready until then.

As far as the baby food goes, try pureeing what you eat for dinner and maybe she will get more interested in the flavors while still having the smooth texture.

Hope some of that helps!

Curdie said...

Hmmmm, I did the cold turkey thing with table food and it worked. But cold turkey isn't working with potty training.

Can't you let her have the bottle a little longer? (does this make me an enabler)

Laura

Arica said...

I was going to say the same thing about pureeing your food. I have a contraption that purees the food that I used about 3 times if you would like to use it- just a thought. I also wonder about if she is just not ready to give up the bottle, but I have not ever been known too be the tough mom. Okay, enough annoying parenting advice..they are super cute, you are right.