Pages

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The more things change...

Scott and I met with Jack's psychologist today. And we now have a decision to make.

It appears that keeping Jack out of school (where he would be around other kids all day, every day) and at home may not have been a good idea. Mrs. Katherine thinks that Jack needs more opportunities to socialize and interact with kids his own age or older (he still parallel plays at the age of 5 rather than interacting a bunch with other kids) to help with his development and his anxiety.

Currently, Jack has two, sometimes three, times a week that he is with other kids (other than his siblings of course). And those times are for 1.5-2 hours each. Contrast that amount of time with being in school everyday (approx 7 hours, 5 days a week).

*sigh*

We need to decide whether to continue homeschooling Jack or place him in public school.

I've enjoyed homeschooling Jack and was looking forward to getting into some of the more academic studies with Jack next week. To be honest, I have missed my "me" time that I was going to get on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Claire goes to school. It would be nice to have that time again.

We just want to make the best choice for Jack. It appears that sending him to school is the best choice. Or is it?



-- Posted from my iPhone -- ain't technology grand?

No comments: