Pages

Saturday, September 04, 2010

I Smell Football

Ahhhh. It's that time of year again. Yeah, yeah, yeah. The kids have gone back to school. And yeah, yeah, yeah. The 100+ degree days are most probably behind us. (can I get an "amen" on both of those accounts!?!) But that's not what I'm talking about.

Are you ready for some football?

Today marks the first Saturday of college football. And oh does it feel good to have ESPN on all day and have football in the background at our house. Not to mention the Horns won their first game, and we got to see Garrett Gilbert at the helm (I think he'll do quite well this year!)

But geez. We've got to be quick with the remote. I can't believe some of the ads they allow on TV during the day. I mean, we're trying to brainwash our children (like any good parent) into adoring the Longhorns. And we've got to dodge erectile dysfunction commercials. And beer commercials where scantily clad women are seductively trying to entice you to buy their beverage. And previews of the latest M. Night Shamalyan movie. (I'm pretty sure I just misspelled his name) Thankfully we have DVR we can pause and then fast forward through the offensive ads. But we have to really be on our guard when we've got the TV on. It's just ridiculous!

OK. I'm off the soap box now. What was the purpose of this post? Oh yeah. A violent sport where men are fighting over an oblong ball. Oh how I love thee!

No comments: