Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Respect the Van

I used to look upon minivan drivers with such pity. "Have you lost all dignity? How can you drive such a mom-mobile? Surely there must have been something... anything else in your price range that you could have chosen" The disdain and pity level I felt for these out-of-it souls was embarrassingly high.

I swore that I would never ever drive one of those minivans.

So here I am, 1.5 years later, thoroughly enjoying driving my minivan. Enjoying my minivan?!? Yet more proof that I'm clinically insane.


You just gotta love the automatic doors. When you've got your arms full of kids, groceries, and your mom-bag/purse, it's so nice to be able to push a button and start dumping stuff in the car. (Of course, this only works if you remember to have your keys in hand when you go out to the parking lot). And the fact that the doors slide back means that you don't bang other people's cars when you fling open the door to beat your child who's throwing a large tantrum in the back seat. And... when you're on a long trip, and you need to go back to the back to spank your kid, you don't have to stop the car! You just unbuckle and walk back there (it helps that i'm only 5' tall).

They have made it so easy and convenient for me to spank my kids while traveling!

1 comment:

Jay R said...

You're nuts!!! I love it!