Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Amazing Collection

For the past four years, I have been in a Bible study called The Amazing Collection. It''s a three-year video/workbook series that goes through the Bible sequentially, book by book. I can't adequately tell you what a difference it has made to me. I was fairly Bible illiterate before I started the study. But thanks to Big Dream Ministries, I know the themes, main characters, and main lessons of each book. I understand the historical side of the Old Testament now. I even enjoy reading the minor prophets!!!

A couple of notes:
  1. the Bible study is geared toward women (all 4 teachers on the video lessons are women). Aside from the personal testimonies included in each lesson, there's no reason why men would not benefit from this study!
  2. there is a difference between knowing the Bible and knowing God. One can learn a great deal about the Bible and about God, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they've grown in their knowledge of and relationship with God.
  3. if you're church is looking for a fantastic women's Bible study program to go through, please consider The Amazing Collection.
A couple of you may have noticed that I said that I've been in this study for four years. And that it's only a three-year study. How is that possible? I'm studying the first year for the 3rd time. Yes, apparently I need remedial Old Testament. That and they needed some more leaders to facilitate year one groups. But I'm pretty sure it's because I need to go through it 3 times to really learn it.

No comments: