Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

No Pics, But an Anecdote

No pics; sorry. My camera is taking a vacation at the Caruthers' house (or more accurately, I accidentally left it there last Friday).

But I do have a funny tale to regale you with.

Several weeks ago, I was getting Claire ready for a bath. So I'm stripping her down in the hall outside the bathroom, and the boys are crowded around making funny noises at her. Cade remarks at how small her diaper is. Then he states that her pee-pee must be really small since she has such a small diaper.

Scott & I inform him that girls don't have pee-pees. Only boys have those. And since Claire is a girl, she doesn't have a pee-pee. The conversation continues as follows:

Cade: Well Mommy has a pee-pee.
Scott: No, Mommy is a girl. She doesn't have a pee-pee.
Cade: Sure she does. Mommy, I want to see your pee-pee the next time you go potty.
Me: [speechless]
Cade: Actually, Mommy, why don't you just show me now.

Thankfully I was just putting Claire into the bath and had a valid excuse why I couldn't drop trou.

No comments: