Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Another Way to Look at Things

I just had a conversation with Cade about baby showers. I was telling him that some friends of ours were coming over to the house tonight because the wife was throwing a baby shower for one of her friends, and she was kicking her husband and two smallest kids out of the house. And so the three of them were going to take refuge at our house for the evening.

I then had the question, "I wonder if Cade knows what a baby shower is? He could think it's when a baby takes a shower..." So I asked Cade if he knows what a baby shower is. He kind of gave me a not-so-confident nod. So I started explaining that when a lady is going to have a baby, her friends will shower her with gifts.

And in the next breath, Cade said, "Like Mary."

Me: Mary?
Cade: Yeah, when Mary had baby Jesus.
Me: Ok...
Cade: Yeah, the three wise men came and brought baby Jesus gifts!"

Huh, I'd never thought of that as a baby shower before. Another way to look at things.

3 comments:

steele family said...

that is so great! what a smart boy!!

The Chandler Clan said...

love it!

Curdie said...

You've got a little thinker there!