Pages

Monday, June 06, 2011

Preacher Man

Much earlier than expected, Scott will get his preaching debut this Sunday, June 12.  He is beyond excited and nervous.  The fact that the elders trust him to share the pulpit already speaks volumes of how they feel about Scott.  I'm both excited and nervous for Scott as well.  I'm not sure how I won't be able to keep from pacing in the back of the church the whole time he's up there!

Scott's sermon will be on Joshua.  We are currently in an "Ordinary Heroes" series at church, examining different ordinary heroes throughout the Bible.  And Scott's lot fell on Joshua. A good guy to start out with!  Scott's main point will not be Joshua, though.  His focus will be on the God that Joshua has faith in.  I can't wait to hear it next Sunday!

1 comment:

erin m said...

He will do great- I will definitely be praying! I am so sad I will be out of town and will miss it in person, but I know it will be worth podcasting :)