Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Classical Conversations

Classical Conversations is the co-op that the boys and I will be involved with in the fall.  It's an intense manifestation of the classical method, and we'll be learning a lot this year!  The history we will be studying is American history.  Science is anatomy with a little bit of chemistry thrown in.  Geography will be American geography.  And of course we'll be learning some basic latin.  Latin?  A dead language for live kids?  Yep.  It'll make moving on to Spanish and other languages later a lot easier.  Plus, learning latin will help the kids decipher what new words mean (about half of english words find their roots in latin).  And, the biggest reason to learn latin is that it helps show kids how to learn.  It's a very systematic language, and you study this language in a very orderly fashion.

I'm excited to be learning right along with the kids.  I love to learn!  I'm sure this blog will see it's share of brags this year.  I'll try to temper my urge to do just that!  :)

No comments: