Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

We're Going to the Promised Land

I have received a taste of the Promised Land, and it is called Kindergarten.

Cade started school (real school!) today!!!! I am so excited!!! Nary a tear drop was to be found in my eyes. Just excitement. Jubilation. Giddy delight. One down, two to go!

Of course that doesn't mean I was without emotion during this monumental event. I was a bundle of nerves yesterday. Will he meet any nice boys in his class? Will someone be mean to him? Will he ask to go to the bathroom and get there in time before a torrential flood hits? Will he be scared? Will he have a good time?

Totally normal questions. And totally normal worries. God has answered my prayer and set my heart at peace. I can't wait for Cade to get home today and tell us all about his day!

Of course we snapped a few pics (probably way more than Scott was comfortable with) before school.

We still can't get a normal smile out of our firstborn when it comes to taking posed pics. Here was attempt #1.


Attempt #2 is a little better...




Attempt #3... I think we're going in the wrong direction. The fake factor is pretty high in this pic.



After our walk to school, here is Cade, ready to start his education at the hands of public servants.
Go Marion!

I wasn't sure what to expect from Cade when we got into his classroom. He had already seen the room (we had Meet the Teacher last Thursday night). He knew where his seat was and went straight to it. He noticed that there was a boy next to him coloring a picture. "I want to color!" And down Cade sits, looking for crayons with which to create his next masterpiece. "Um, bye Cade!" I think he said goodbye to Scott and me. It was more of a mumble. He was way more into the picture he was creating than missing us! Hooray!

No comments: