Pages

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hey Guys! Guess What?!?

The kids and I were at our friends house on Monday for a birthday party. Hailey turned 5, and so we and another family were there to help her celebrate. After a painting craft and eating cake, the kids went back to Hailey's room where the girls tried on all kinds of princess dresses and costumes. [yes, Jack and Cade were back there too, but they watched without much interest]. I was in the living room chatting with Michael, Teri & Ashley when I suddenly hear Cade calling me from the bathroom: "Mommy! Come look in the potty!" Well, that can only mean two things. 1, Cade went poop in the potty [something he has struggled with for more than a year], or 2, something was in the potty that was most definitely not supposed to be there. Or maybe both.

I was happy to find Cade sitting on the potty and only poop in the potty. Hallelujah! And he didn't have a stain in his underwear. Yea Cade! Jack & I both told Cade how proud we were of him, and I promised Cade that he could have a candy treat when we got back home.

I was heading back to the living room as Cade rejoined the girls in Hailey's room. And then I heard Cade proudly say this to the girls: "Hey Guys! Guess What?!? I went poo poo in the potty! AND THERE WAS NO STAIN IN MY UNDERWEAR!!!"

Just like his Daddy. Cade has a way with the ladies.

3 comments:

steele family said...

that is so funny! gotta love the innocence of a child!!

Curdie said...

hahahahahha, don't forget this story. You will need it later, I'm sure ;)

Sarah Howard said...

Hilarious.... I'm laughing out loud as I sit here. You're such a good storyteller, Nicole. :)