Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

***SNOW***

Yea! We received our annual snowfall last night -- and it was wonderful! About 3" fell at our place, and we all woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. Jack's comment upon seeing all the snow outside was a jovial, "cool!" And as soon as Cade heard from Jack that there was snow, he raced to the back window and couldn't wait to go outside.






After a very hurried breakfast, I bundled the boys up and we headed outside. Poor Claire was left in the house (you can't please everybody all the time, right?) while we frolicked in the snow.





It took about 90 seconds for Jack to realize that he did not like snow at all.






After getting Jack safely back into the house, it was time for some serious snowman production. I guess I need remedial snowman building lessons: it's a lot harder than you'd think! I kept trying to pack snow into a ball, and it kept falling apart. So Cade & I ended up making several snowblobs around the yard. One even had a fake carrot for a nose.


Cade & I had a marvelous time throwing a few snowballs at each other before it was time to go inside and get ready for school.

I really love snow. But I'm sure glad I don't live in it. What a mess!

2 comments:

steele family said...

you guys got a lot more than we did. we had a nice layer, but not enough to do anything with.

Curdie said...

wow, where'd you get all that snow? I don't think we had enough to even get our shoes white.