Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Long Few Days

It's been an exhausting couple of days: we're still trying to get over being sick, the kids have been running me ragged, etc. And then there was last night. After a very long day of being with the kids (and not wanting to go anywhere because it was raining), I started cooking dinner. Everything was finished, and I went to put on the mozzarella cheese. Boy, that cheese was stanky. Yes, stanky. Not just stinky. Stanky. But I couldn't see any mold. I looked and looked, but everything looked normal. I took it to Scott and had him take a whiff. He scrunched up his nose and agreed that it was stanky. But since there was no mold in sight, and because we were several weeks away from the expiration date on the package, I decided to use it. I mean, hey. It was going in the oven, so any bad germs would be killed right?

Well, the germs may have been killed, but the stank wasn't. Soon, the house started smelling like rotten cheese. When the dinner was done in the oven, I took it out and tasted a small bite with the cheese on it. Now, I'm not sure if it was my bias or my imagination, but now I had stank taste in my mouth. So, near tears, I looked at Scott and shook my head. Time for Plan B. Which ended up being Chick Fil A. Yummy! Scott started loading up the boys in the van. I eventually made it out there with Claire, only to find the van not on, Cade in the driver's seat, Jack wandering around the garage, and Scott with his head under the hood. Not a good sign.

Turns out that one of the kids had switched the interior lights on in the van and that had drained the battery. So now it's after 7pm, we are all starving, the house smells like stank, and our van won't start (and we can't fit all 3 car seats in the back of Scott's Accord). We eventually ended up with a way-too-expensive delivered pizza. But at least the natives were satisfied.

Here are some random pics from the last few days:


Daddy's shoes are too big to fill!



Cade's version of a smile. I remember doing this as a child. And I could never understand what my Mom meant when she said I was giving her a "fake smile". My teeth were showing, right? My mouth had an upturn to it, right? Isn't that a smile? Now my Mom's words are echoing out of my mouth...





Jack is such a lover. He is so affectionate and touchy feely. I had laid Claire on the floor, and Jack cuddled up next to her. He was initially patting her side, then he just laid next to her for several minutes. So sweet!








Claire is such a cutie!






The very first Easter basket that Cade ever had was given to him by Nikki "Kiki" Drago. It's a plush dump truck, and has now morphed into a hat.





Of course anything this silly gets Jack all riled up. He charges Cade and then it turns into a wrestling match. It usually ends up in hysterical tears. But hey. It's good for a few pictures before it gets ugly.




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Part of me laughs and part of me wants to cry for your cheesy delimma!! I know the frustration of a meal not working out the way you planned. I like hearing all your funny stories!!

The Chandler Clan said...

I, too, appreciate the dinner story. Def. sounds like something that would happen to us. Life is fun!--thanks for sharing yours, I love getting the updates.

Curdie said...

Ah, the dinner disaster. I know all about that, too.

I love Claire's hair.