Pages

Friday, September 07, 2007

I Love a Project

I am a home improvement project junkie. During my 7th month of pregnancy, I was in the garage, hanging slatwall (OK, so it was part nesting. But I was thoroughly enjoying myself!) I have visions for every room in our house. Visions for the front yard. Visions for the back yard. Visions for the upstairs. What, you say? We don't have an upstairs in our house? Not yet, my friend.

Since we moved into our house, the shelf that was in laundry room was always too high for me. To reach the detergent and fabric softener, I have to stand on my tip-toes and turn sideways and reeeeeaaaaaach. Forget about getting one of the rag towels that are stacked on the shelf. If I grab at one of the towels, they all fall on my head. Not great when there's a clean-up on aisle 5 needed. So I decided to take down that shelf and install some wire shelving. Starting much lower on the wall. This world was just not made for short people!

This should have been a simple project. Just put up some wall clips, screw in some wall brackets, drop in the shelves, and ta-da... new shelving. But I have a way of making projects more difficult, more intricate, more work. I decided to also paint the laundry room.

I actually managed to get all this done Labor Day weekend, thanks to my wonderful husband who helped watch the kids while I did the tango with the ladder in the tight quarters in our laundry room. I am so thrilled with the results.




At a future point (maybe next weekend?!?) we/I will put two more shelves up above the doorways; but these shelves will go all the way around the room. Storage galore! I'm giddy with excitement.

2 comments:

steele family said...

good job!

Curdie said...

Whoa, Nicole. I am throughly impressed!!