Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Caedmon's Call

On Sunday, Scott and I went into town after lunch to visit Scott's brother Steve and his fiancee Maria at their new, beautiful house in Pearland. We got to hang out with them for a while and gawk in awe at their two huge Great Danes (We're pretty sure Jack could walk under Sampson, who may not be full grown yet).

And then it was time to go hear some great music. We have been huge fans of the Christian band Caedmon's Call for many years now. In fact, Cade's full name is Caedmon (he's partially named after the band, partially named for the Saint from whom the band got their name). Caedmon's Call is releasing their newest CD, Overdressed, and they held a CD release concert in their hometown of Houston. It was an open seating event, with around 400 people there. AND WE WERE IN THE FRONT ROW!!! Saying that this concert was awesome and amazing is an understatement. Scott and I didn't want to leave after the show. We just stood there, watching the band and roadies pack up the gear. Amazing.

This was the first time that Scott & I have seen Caedmon's Call in concert. And, I guess I'm just cynical and jaded; I expect to be a little disappointed when I hear people play in person. I assume that there has been a lot of doctoring in the studio. But not with this band. They sounded like they do on their CDs. The vocals, drums, percussion, guitars, everything. Just superb. I am an even bigger fan now.

No comments: