Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

That Week We Got Back To It {week 16}




So we're back at it.  Back to the grind.  Back to work.  Back in the trenches. 

Monday  We were back at Classical Conversations this past Monday.  And again, it was a long day.  But it was kind of nice to be back learning stuff hard core. 

Tuesday  We got started on time (!) Tuesday morning which was miracle.  We were a little rusty with school (see pics below)



And we kind of didn't get a lot done.

First, there was the crock pot dinner that I forgot to start.  So we had to break to do that.  Then it was so close to snack time that we breaked longer so I could start the crock pot.  Then the boys had to go to the bathroom.  So that took more time.  And then I had to meet someone to sell them something I had listed on Craigslist.  So all of a sudden it was 11am.  OH!  Now it's time for lunch!

Like I said... we kind of didn't get a lot done.

Ugh.  I hate when life gets in the way of what you're supposed to be doing.

Since the day was kind of shot, we decided to finally decorate our gingerbread house.  Yes, I realize that Christmas was two weeks ago.  I never claimed that we are a punctual family.


 I think more candy was consumed than was actually put on the house.
  

And why should the gingerbread house get all the icing?




The final product.  Not too shabby!



Wednesday   HUMP DAY!  We got started on time again (!). But Cade wasn't feeling well, and then mid-morning, I started not feeling well.

We kind of didn't get a lot done.  Notice the trend?

Thursday  We started AGAIN on time (!) Thursday morning.  Things moved along nicely.  Until we got to snack time.  Then it was like pulling teeth to get started again.  And that was to just get me started again.



Friday  We got started on time again!!!  Can you believe this?  I surely can not.  Friday actually went well.  We got quite a bit done in the morning.

General Thoughts  Between you and me, I'm really not wanting to homeschool anymore.  And I can't tell if that's just normal burnout.  Or if it's just the first year and things will get better.  Or if I shouldn't really homeschool anymore.  Or if I'm just experiencing a temporary dip into mild depression (which happens from time to time).

I'm a selfish person.  I want to take naps, read books, go to lunch with friends, think about working out, run errands, and generally do what I want rather than being with my kids all day stuck in the house. And the way I was feeling this week, I just didn't want to do anything.  I hardly read (which is surprising since it's one of my favorite things to do). 

I'm hoping this feeling passes.  Because homeschooling is a very worthwhile endeavor.  There are a lot of benefits, both academically and for our family is a whole.  But if things don't change, I don't see how homeschooling will be an option.

No comments: