Pages

Friday, November 08, 2013

The Week After We Went Camping {week 11}



Camping was so great.  Even if it was just for only one night.  Scott preached on Sunday at Woodcreek, so we had to come home Saturday afternoon.  But a little camping is better than no camping.  And the weather was BEAUTIFUL.  I didn't take many pictures (because I was enjoying myself so much).  But my favorite is:


Monday  We skipped CC in the morning because Scott was at home (Mondays are his day off).  He would end up leaving on Friday for India for 12 days. He and four others from our church are doing a mission trip there, putting on a pastor's conference and helping out with some other projects there.  So the kids and I wanted to spend some time with him before he left, and skipping the morning part of CC seemed like the best way to do it.  I'm not gonna lie.  I was excited at the prospect of skipping CC. 

Tuesday  On Tuesday, I wanted to go hide in a hole.  The kids were wild, loud, and crazy.  After threatening them with taking away privileges, things finally simmered down a little.   But I still wanted to go climb in a hole after lunch.  It didn't help that the weather was severely overcast, which I'm sure affected my mood somewhat.  And we (mostly I) found out that skipping CC and teaching your own kids that week's memory work is a LOT harder than it sounds.  Ho hum.

Wednesday  Scott worked from home Wednesday morning; it was fun to have him home with us!  The kids' behavior was  (obviously) better since he was home.  Which made it SO much easier for me to teach them!  Funny how that works.  Wish he could work from home every day. 

Wednesdays are somewhat difficult days because the boys have piano lessons in the early afternoon.  We are rarely all finished with school by the time we have to leave for lessons (around 1:30pm).  Which means we have to come back home and finish up school.  And that is hard to do.  After being out of the house, and possibly running a few errands, coming home to finish up school sucks.  But there are no other open lesson times with their current teacher (whom we like very much).  So we're kind of stuck with our schedule.

On a light note, I checked out Stuart Little by E.B. White for Jack to read this week.  Unfortunately, I checked out the Spanish version of the book.  Kind of hard for Jack to do his reading this week.  Oops.



And this doesn't need any description, does it?


Thursday  Thursday.  Ahhh Thursday.  Yes, Thursday is when everything fell apart.  I became overcome with sadness to the point of (many, many) tears Thursday morning.  Probably has something to do with the fact that Scott would be leaving the next day for two weeks to a far away foreign country.   Just lots of stress probably built up.  So needless to say, we took the day off while I rested and pulled myself together.  My kids are so sweet though.  They each gave me voluntary hugs and pats on the back.  I'm thankful for my compassionate kids.

I also, incidentally, finally learned on Thursday what the fox says.  Don't bother finding out if you don't already know; it's completely inane.

Friday  Friday morning saw us get on task and get to work.  Yea!  We worked hard in the morning.  And about midday, I took Scotty to our friend's house so that they could go to the airport for their flight to India.  (By the way, it's approximately a 24 hour flight... with layovers here and there)  Since the local school district had early release, and I would get tired of answering the door only to tell kids that my kids can't play, we ended school right after lunch.

General Thoughts  I was lamenting to a friend that I feel like, especially when it comes to the Essentials part of our homeschool, we are barely keeping our heads above water.  She was quick to point out that if our heads are above water, then it also means that we're not drowning. Hey!  What a way to look at it! 


No comments: