Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

That Week That Had Thanksgiving (and no school)




We were off school this week, people.  Halle-freakin-lujah.  This mama needed a break.  Kids probably did too.


We did a lot of hanging out this week.  On Tuesday, the kids got into an epic candy trading session.  Below is just Cade's stash of Halloween candy.  


I'm thinking that the Candy Fairy might need to come steal some of his stash, little by little.  Unfortunately, Cade knows exactly what is in his inventory; any missing candy would be noticed immediately.  I see big dental bills in our future.

Thursday, there was much food.  Good thing for elastic waistband pants.



Friday we did our annual hunting of the Christmas tree out at Wintergreen Tree Farm.





The place we go to is pretty neat.  They have a big play area for kids that includes a maze made out of pallets, swings, a big pile of hay, a tire swing, a slide, and the like.








I tried for a cute picture of all three kids.  But Claire was sulking.  So this is what I got.




Friday night, Scott and I got to go to the Dallas Stars game with some friends.  SO. MUCH. FUN.  I love hockey.






Saturday was spent taking a nap (I am recovering from a cough & cold) and decorating the house for Christmas.  The kids wanted to help decorate so badly.  And I have huge creative control issues.  So I tried to be a big girl and let them help.  I really did try.  Alas, I shooed them out of the room so that I could get it done (right).

No comments: