Pages

Monday, August 02, 2010

P90X

You may have seen an infomercial for it on TV. You may have heard co-workers talking about it. It's P90X. Also know as the biggest butt kickin' in the world.

I've really let myself go over the years. I used to be very trim and athletic. And then I had kids. But it wasn't the pregnancies that packed on the pounds. Oh noooo. I usually lost most of my baby weight pretty quickly and easily. It was the stressed-induced eating that did me in. If I was anxious, I'd head to the pantry. Nervous? I'd head to the fridge. So I now find myself waaaaay overweight, out of shape, and fairly miserable.

Scott and I decided a couple of months ago to go to the gym 30 days in a row. We figured that we'd start a habit by doing that. We did it (OK fine. So I didn't go a few times. But I went a lot!). But it didn't stick. AND, the little I was working out while I was there wasn't enough to encourage me to keep going. It would have been a LONG time before I saw any results. And I needed to see results to continue.

And then I started hearing about P90X. Friends were mentioning it on Facebook. And it seemed pretty intense. Intense is what I needed. Focused intensity that would allow me to see results quicker.

So I scoured Craig's List and found P90X for half the retail price. And I purchased it. And then it sat for a month in my living room. But wait! Before you judge... I have a good reason. I knew that we were going to Austin, and I didn't want to do P90X on my vacation, and I didn't want to skip a week. So I delayed my training so that I could go full steam ahead and not look back.

I did the first day of P90X this evening. It was a back/chest and abs work out.

My prediction is that I will not have the use of my upper body tomorrow.

No comments: