Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Honey, Where are the Kids?

Yesterday, the whole family trekked up to central Oklahoma to meet Scott's parents and hand the kids off to them. Those little dears (my in-laws) are going to have all three kids for an entire week. [insert evil, menacing laugh here]. They don't know what they're getting in to. I thought of them this morning as Scott & I easily and quickly prepared for church. A laughed to myself at the thought of Rick & Lin getting our high-maintenance kids ready for church...

So Scott & I have the week "off" as parents. We are going to Austin for 4 days. Four glorious days. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. Austin is my home away from home. I really wanted to move there a year or two ago, and we seriously talked about the idea. But in the end, home is where you make it. And this is our home. So Austin will have to wait for weekends and weeks like this one, where we can visit her and relish in her beautiful scenery. God sure did make it pretty there.

We'll first stay at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center for two days. We'll have a tower view that would knock your socks off. Then we'll go for two days to Lakeway Resort & Spa, which is right on Lake Travis. We don't have a whole bunch planned for our trip to Austin. Here are several things we are planning to do:
  • visit with Professor Joe Culver (Jack's middle name is Culver, named after one of our favorite professors) and give him a picture of Jack Jack
  • go see a Round Rock Express game with Miss Hillary Williams.
  • eat at some of our favorite restaurants like Trudys.
This is a much much needed rest and vacation. I am so thankful to God for providing it!

No comments: