Pages

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Not so much a party...more like a boring work meeting

Here's the update on the great adventure of potty training Claire. Bottom line (pun intended): it's going OK. Yesterday she didn't have any accidents. SUCCESS! But we were also preemptively putting her on the potty in anticipation of something happening. Today, I'm going to try and let her continue to let us know when she needs to go.

This whole process is just sooooo slow, tedious (it's like you're walking on pins & needles, waiting for a bomb to go off any moment), and boring. Probably much like the conference calls Scott is on all day at work! (shout out to any of Scott's co-workers reading this). I've watched enough children's programming for a lifetime. If I hear the Wonder Pets theme song one more time, I'm going to run through the neighborhood naked. Well, maybe I won't do that. I might just leave the room instead. It seems to be a much more rational reaction than my first idea.

Other than having Claire master telling us when she needs to go, the next phase in this process will be to transition her from the little portable potty to the big potty. She looks so tiny on the big potty that I'm afraid she's going to fall in! Alas, she'll still need to learn to go on the big potty if we want to ever leave the house again. And I'd like to leave the house again. I'm going a little stir crazy.

That's enough potty talk for now. Scott took the boys to "camp out" at the new house last night. They got a pizza and went to the new house, took showers, played, and watched a movie while in their sleeping bags. I'm anxious to hear how they slept (or didn't sleep).

Nicole. Out.

No comments: