Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

That Week We Got Some Stuff Done {week 28}




Monday  Monday was a great day.  We didn't have a lot of school to do.  Mainly math (for everyone) and grammar with Jack.  And then we were done!  Easy peasy.  Wish all days could be that easy.


Tuesday  Tuesday was fraught with bad attitudes from two kids.  One kid was able to pull it together and finish out school well.  The other, not so much.  And it is with this particular kid that I've had repeated run-ins with regarding attitude.  Grrrr. 

Jack has found that he likes to work while listening to music. I think it helps him focus as well as drown out the rest of us as we talk about assignments.



Wednesday Wednesday got started off OK.  Attitudes were better and kids got to work.  Cade decided to put on his "thinking cap" on, which is a cut-off green hood I had sewn to make a Lloyd (the green ninja from Ninjago) Halloween costume years ago.  It's never dull around here.




Thursday & Friday  These two days were OK.  Dealt with bad attitudes and whining (some of which Scott got to hear/witness first-hand.  He was not pleased) 


General Thoughts   So we're going to homeschool again next year.  I think.  The goal of this whole school year was to want to do this again.  And I think I want to do it again.

Yes, it's a sacrifice of my time and energy.  No, I don't get enough "me time."   But I get to be there when my kids learn stuff. I get to see the light bulb turn on.  I get to know and see how far they've come.

Cade will be going into the 6th grade next year; I can't imagine sending him to the local middle school.  Not because it's a bad school -- it's not!  But because IT'S A MIDDLE SCHOOL.  Cade is easily a head shorter than kids his age; I'm afraid he'd get eaten alive by the older kids.

No comments: