Pages

Saturday, April 05, 2014

That week that was pretty good {week 25}




Monday  While we had off from CC on Monday, we did meet with the other students from Cade's Essentials class at a local park to listen to their oral reports on famous people from the middle ages (and later).  Cade was extremely nervous about giving his presentation on Claude Monet; he apparently didn't get the public speaking gene from his parents.  But he did fantastic!  And it was nice to sit in the park for an hour (there was a nearby thunderstorm and we could hear rumbles of thunder).


Tuesday  We got started a little late on Tuesday because a dogpile was happening on the couch.  The family that procrastinates together, studies together, right?  I'm not sure that's how the saying goes.


Wednesday & Thursday  Wednesday and Thursday went by pretty quickly.  For the most part, kids got to it and were done by or right after lunch.

Friday  Friday was kind of a half day.  Since it was my birthday, Scott took me to lunch.  Then Cade had an appointment with our children's pastor at church regarding him getting baptized on May 4.  Then I had an eye appointment.  So we needed to get all of our work done in the morning. And for the most part, we did.  Cade only had Essentials to work on by the time lunch rolled around.

After my eye appointment, I came home to work on Essentials with Cade.  Unfortunately I ended up making him cry because I inadvertently made him feel stupid.  Mother of the Year.  Right here. 

This homeschooling gig is really a cover for lots of pruning by my Father.  And boy do I need pruning.

No comments: