Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

That Week I Had Surgery {week 21}



Monday  CC.  That is all.

Tuesday  The kids and I got to work around 8 and were very productive.  Attitudes were very good until one kid blew a gasket because they got frustrated with math and couldn't control themselves.  But even then, we still had a good and productive day.  UNTIL right before lunch time when a worker began to relay part of the subfloor and wood planks in the kitchen (from the slab leak digging).  Sawing.  Screwing.  Hammering.  Excruciating.

We had to eat out for lunch that day since the kitchen was kind of a mess and people were working in it.  After lunch, I had an appt at the hospital to pre-register and whatnot for the upcoming Friday surgery.  Kids mercifully got the rest of their work done while I was gone at the hospital.

Wednesday  Wednesday morning got off to a super start.  I knew the floor workers were coming back around 10AM to finish putting down the wood planks (which meant more sawing, hammering, air compressor noises).  The plan was to work until they got to the house, then leave and go to church to finish working.  The kids and I stopped for a snack at 10 AM when Mom told me she got a text that the workers were running late.  I was thinking 20-30 minutes late.  I didn't want to get started back on school work for 5 minutes only to be interrupted and need to leave.  So we didn't resume working. And we waited. And waited.  And waited. (UGH)  Finally at noon they showed up.  By that point, I had kind of given up on school.  The boys had piano lessons at 1:45 which we'd need to leave for, so I didn't see the point of lugging stuff up to church (in the opposite direction of piano lessons) only to work for an hour before needing to leave for lessons.

Despite myself, Cade had resumed working without my knowledge and got several subjects done while we were waiting for the workers to show up.  I was amazed, impressed, proud, and guilty all at the same time.

Thursday  We got started on time and got quite a bit done.  With the exception of spelling tests, Claire was done by 10 and Jack was done by 11. We killed it!

Friday  Surgery day.  I had to check in at 7 at the hospital for my 9 AM gall bladder removal surgery. I'm assuming everything went well (since I scheduled to have this post go live ahead of time)

No comments: