Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

That week that I had another spiffy name for the week {week 9}




Monday  CC was a long day (as usual).  But I was able to sit in Jack's class.  And his tutor is phenomenal.  I have told her over and over again how wonderful she is.  I was able to retain most of the information that was presented in class and never got bored once.

Tuesday  Tuesday was kind of rough. Bad attitudes abounded, and there was some defiant behavior as well. 

Wednesday  Wednesday was a lot better.  Attitudes were better, and as a treat, Scott stayed home and worked from home.  This is probably why attitudes were better!  Scott was able to see some of what I deal with on a daily basis and was able to address the kids in the moment.  He was also able to offer some suggestions on how to do a few things differently -- Scott IS the idea man.

Wednesday started out a little cool (temperature-wise) upstairs in the morning, so the boys were snuggled under a blanket. 


Of course Claire couldn't stand to not be a part of the action... (check out the boys' faces in response to Claire joining them)


Thursday Thursday was a little wild and wooly to start out with.  But we managed to "simmer down now" and get to work.  Here's Claire and I working on her math:


Jack was in rare form on Thursday, cutting up and being crazy.  He apologized at the end of the school day (unprompted by me).  So I take it that *his apology is a sign that he cares somewhat about his behavior.   :)

Friday  Bad attitude.  Kid apologized for said bad attitude (without prompting from me!!!)  But this episode with this kid put me in a bad mood (I know... I shouldn't allow my kid that much control over my emotions).  I was just done.  D-O-N-E.  But Cade and I still had Essentials (grammar and writing) to do.  Sigh.  And a good smack to the forehead for good measure.

And because we needed one more picture...




General Thoughts  I'm still having a hard time cramming everything in.  We've already dropped Latin for the boys.  I've also temporarily (or maybe not temporarily) dropped a formal writing program with Jack (and Claire had been tagging along).  All the other subjects seem to be non-negotiable (Bible, math, grammar, spelling, etc).  We are doing as much as we can together (science, history, Bible, CC Foundations memory work). 

But Cade and I are still continually working past 3pm most days, which is exhausting for both of us.  Cade has the most work to do of all three kids, and while most of it is fairly independent work, the subjects we are supposed to be doing together, but which have been getting dropped, are grammar and writing.  Which we are paying for at CC.  In the eloquent words of Charlie Brown:  ARRRGGGG!  Something has to give. 

Cade is adamant about not doing any school work on the weekends.  And I'm a pretty big fan of that idea.  BUT.  We may have to move Essentials (the grammar and writing portions of Cade's work) to the weekend.  Because right now, it's hardly being given attention.  And that is a travesty of a mockery of a sham.

And because I like to sometimes always waste time on the internet, go here to view high-speed shots (still & video) of dogs shaking water off of themselves.  Really.  Go watch.  And enjoy.


No comments: