Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crash and Burn

Howdy y'all.  Not much has been going on with the fam, or I would have posted glorious photos of said events.

My laptop died earlier in the week; I went to restart it because I was having problems printing to the wireless networked printer.  And alas, the computer never restarted.  It was a black screen of death.  No reboot.  No splash screen.   Just the faint whirring sound that screamed things weren't right inside the depths of my laptop.

Thankfully, after the last computer crash, we were subscribed to Carbonite, an online backup service.  So I'm not worried about important files being lost.  I'll be able to log on from any computer and transfer the files.  But the expense of having to buy a new computer with the inconvenience of not having a computer (save my wonderful iPhone) is just a bummer.

We have always been a PC family.  Not as in politically correct, of course. But as in non-Mac.  I'm fairly technical (as is Scott), so having PCs wasn't terribly frightening.  Plus they're just more affordable.  But now Scott has a Macbook for his job.  And the battery life is INCREDIBLE.  As is the speed of the machine, the fluid synchronicity of Apple products, and the light weight.  So now I'm thinking of switching.  Of course it will cost me a kidney to be able to afford it.  And people will say that I've drunk the kool aid.  But I'm OK with that.  :)

No comments: