Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

That's My Girl

It was in college that I got hooked on doing the crossword. Not just any crossword puzzle, mind you. The New York Time crossword. It was fortuitous that the NYT crossword appeared everday in our free campus newspaper, The Daily Texan. So, rather than paying close attention to my professors, I was physically present in my classes but actually far away in a land of witty clues, big SAT words, and Will Shortz (the editor of the puzzles).

So imagine my excitement when I discovered Claire poring over the Sunday NYT puzzle (the hardest one of the week, I'll add).

Nevermind that the puzzle is upside down. That's only because it's too easy for Claire when it's right-side-up.




2 comments:

Curdie said...

awww, that's cute

M. Robert Turnage said...

Your child is gifted. Mark my words.