Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Digging a Garden

Cade is such a sweet boy (when he's not yelling at Jack). He, Jack, Claire, and Scott bought me the cutest garden gnome (I've been wanting one for a while now) for Christmas. But I told Cade that I didn't have a garden in the backyard in which to put the gnome. So he took it upon himself to make the garden happen.

He sought out his trust plastic shovel and his safety goggles (safety first!). And he got to work digging.







After about 10 minutes, he declared that it was hard work. And the inch or two that he had excavated from our backyard was good enough for my garden. So in went the gnome.





Cade took this picture of Jack & I standing near my garden. Not bad for a 4 year old!


And the gnome still stands in the garden today. Only, he's laying on his face right now in the garden because we had really gusty winds today.

1 comment:

steele family said...

that is soooooo sweet!