Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Week That Everything Fell Apart {week 15}




Gah.  I had finished this post... saved it... or so I thought, before navigating away from the editing page.  And now half the post is gone.  GAH.  Well, I'm not gonna finish it.  So there.
So here it is.  Week 15.  And you'd think that I have my stuff together, right?

Monday  Scott preached the previous day so he took Monday off.  So we did too.  Since CC is not in session, we're only schooling four days a week.  So no biggie that we took Monday off.

Tuesday  Sometime between 7 AM and 8:30 AM, our router died.  After 40 minutes on the phone with Verizon tech support, it was determined that, yes, our router was in fact dead.  This normally would not be a big deal; we've got smart phones that have internet access.  BUT.  My lesson plans are on an online program called Homeschool Tracker Online.  And I print out each week's lessons on my wirelessly networked printer.  So that was a problem.  But Scott, the Idea Man, said to go up to church, use their wifi and printer.  Genius!

So i lugged all three kids (who needed to get out of the house after being cooped up during the ice storm) up to church and set up my stuff in the atrium and got to work.  An hour later, I was still trying to get my lesson plans up to date.  Working in the atrium wasn't the hottest idea I've had.  One person after another would stop and talk to me for 15+ minutes.  Which was GREAT because I don't get to talk to these friends very often.  But BAD because each conversation was delaying our day.  After I finally got our lesson plans in check, a staff member graciously printed my 4 pages for me.

By the time we got home, it was already 11:30 AM.  Where had the time gone????  Unfortunately the kids had been kind of wild while we were up at church (specifically while we were in the atrium and I was working/talking).  So I was D-O-N-E by the time we got back home.

No school was done on Tuesday.  Kind of a biggie that we took that day off.  Because we'd have to play catch-up the rest of the week.

Oh, and our router started mysteriously working Tuesday night.  Humph.

Wednesday 


No comments: