Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

August

And now it's (near) the end of August.  Where does the time go, I ask you?  Apparently I've been a little too busy to update the blog.  Sorry 'bout that. 

Not much is going on with us as a family.  Well, I take that back.  There are some things going on...
  • Scott is about to start his long-awaited education at Dallas Theological Seminary.  He is so stinking excited about it. The term "giddy like a school girl" comes to mind.
  • I will start homeschooling the boys (for real now... not just in math) next week.  I'm sitting up in the school room right now, looking at all of the glorious books we'll be cracking open next week.  Should be fun!  Or at least good for some Frantlings fodder.
  • Mom's addition to the house is coming along nicely.  It's bricked, sheetrocked and textured, and the trim has gone in.  Not sure exactly what the next steps are.  But hopefully in a month or two it will finally be finished and she can move back into her expanded space!
  • I've been taking photos of houses that my friend JT is listing for sale; this has been a fun little side job, as my friend JT is a hoot and it's really decent money for an hour or two of my time.  
  • It's been stinkin' hot here.  As in 107 for the high.  *sigh*   I'm really looking forward to the winter.  Really.  Really looking forward to it.  Did I mention that it's been REALLY hot here?
That about does it.  Claire and Jack have been playing nicely together the entire time I wrote this blog entry... the odds that it will continue into the near future are not good.  So I better wrap things up while everyone still has their appendages.

No comments: