Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A New Way to Communicate

We have been working with Cade on spelling words and reading. And he is starting to pick up on quite a bit.

One day Cade got in trouble because I caught him hitting Jack with a small block of wood. Lest you think our house is violent, it was a very soft hit on the arm. And Jack didn't even wince. Anyway, I made Cade sit in his room while I thought about whether I should spank him (lying and hitting usually results in a spanking at our house). While contemplating his sin, Cade wrote the following to me. In Cadeland, one reads from left to right, bottom to top. See if you can read what he was trying to communicate (the heart is just for decoration; and the answer is below the picture):





I am sorry.

3 comments:

Curdie said...

woohoo!!!! That's great. Aren't you glad we get to hold on to memories that these?

steele family said...

that is priceless :)

Shannon said...

sooo cute!! So good to see you guys last weekend. love your kiddo stories!!